No More Exposed Wiring After Fire Damage. Here's What Fire Damage Restoration Really Looks Like In West End
The charred remains of your West End home or business can leave a scar on your mind and heart. It's unfathomable to think it can happen to you and even more devastating when it does. You would need an expert to guide you through the crisis if and when the unthinkable happens. At SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville, we are the fire damage experts, carefully weaving our way through disaster to help you recover contents from the rubble of ash and soot. As your Nashville neighbors, we're here to help YOU! By bringing our advanced tools and seasoned team to the scene, we make it "Like it never even happened!"
What Does The Fire Damage Restoration Process Look Like In West End?
- The first step starts when you call us! You will be asked a series of questions by our rep, so we know what your fire damage situation looks like. Not all fire scenarios are the same, so we want to know all the details to know what to bring on to the scene.
- When we arrive, we'll inspect the property before conducting the fire damage assessment to examine the scope of the damage. This step is integral to developing a course of action.
- We offer building services which include immediate board-up and roof-tarp services. Fire damage can compromise windows, roofs, and walls, so this step is critical to protect against further damage for security reasons.
- If water damage is present from firefighting efforts, we provide water damage restoration services during this step in the fire damage restoration process. We use air movers and dehumidifiers to extract excess water and commence the drying process.
- Step 5 involves us removing smoke and soot from all surfaces. Inhaling the scent that permeates from smoke and soot smells is unhealthy, so this step is vital to the fire damage restoration timeline!
- Just because the dry, musty odors of smoke and soot are gone doesn't mean we can ignore sanitizing! We clean, sanitize, and disinfect all restorable contents damaged by the fire. We use air scrubbers and fogging equipment to remove odors effectively.
- The seventh and final step is restoration! Based on the damages, we can do minor repairs like replacing drywall or installing carpet or major repairs like full-scale restoration across your West End home or business.
How Can You Avoid Fires Caused By Electrical Outlets, Leading To Exposed Wires?
Out of the estimated average of 346,800 home structure fires a year during 2015-2019, many of these fires were caused by electrical outlets.
- It's critical to spot the signs of electrical wiring issues that can start a fire. Some of these signs include unexplained burning smells, shocks or sparks from appliances or outlets and intermittent power cuts.
- It may seem like a no-brainer, but installing a high-quality smoke detector can save a lot of headaches down the road. It can be easy to procrastinate when you are disaster-free, but you never know when the unpredictable can happen, so investing in suitable smoke detectors and fire extinguishers can go a long way!
- Keep fixtures away from textiles like curtains or bedding! Additionally, you should never decorate a lamp with paper or cloth that could catch fire.
A natural disaster wreaking havoc on your West End property is stressful and intrusive, at the very least. We get it. SERVPRO takes care of the paperwork during the insurance timeline for a smooth claims-filing process. From the first call to the full-scale restoration process, we aim to make the transition to your new normal as seamless as possible. You never have to walk alone during the fire damage restoration process when you have a trusted restoration company like SERVPRO in your corner. Contact us at (615) 242-9391, and let us show you a new way of restoration in West End!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Is Your Hotel Flooded? SERVPRO Has The Tools And Experience To Get You Out Of Troubled Waters!
Floods are no joke. Even though tornado season has just passed us, monsoon season is on the horizon. If your Belle Meade hotel flooding has put you in murky waters (literally!), you may be concerned about your business’s upkeep and general operations after water damage. SERVPRO of Belle Meade has the industry knowledge and expertise to handle water damage scenarios of all sizes and scopes. With water and fire damage being the cornerstones of our business, our mission is to treat all our customers with empathy and respect. We know that going through an upheaval in your life due to a natural disaster is difficult, to say the least. And we understand. As your Nashville neighbors, you can lean on us throughout the process!
After You Make That First Call, What Can You Do While You Wait For The Professionals?
- Blotting and mopping are the easiest ways to remove excess water!
- Make sure you turn on the air conditioning for maximum drying during summer.
- Separate colored rugs from wet carpeting! This is so that the color doesn’t bleed through when you’re cleaning.
- Gather loose items (especially art!) away from floors and to a safe, dry area.
What Are The Three Types Of Contaminated Waters To Watch Out For?
Before the water damage restoration and cleaning process can begin, it is crucial to identify the three types of contaminated water to take proper measures.
- Type 1: Clean Water: This water is the least harmful out of the three and can come from a faucet or a broken supply line. But beware- if left untreated, this water type can quickly become a category two or three!
- Type 2: Gray Water: If ingested, this water can cause discomfort or illness in your system due to the bacteria and viruses swimming around in that water. This type of water can come from a washing machine or a toilet overflow. This type of water can quickly morph into category three if left untreated!
- Type 3: Black Water: You should avoid contact with grossly unsanitary water like this when you detect it! Category 3 water can come from rivers, streams, or standing water that supports microbial growth. We bring our most potent antimicrobial treatments approved by the EPA in situations like these!
As the Chairman’s Silver Sales Award Recipient, we take pride in our sales record, not just for our numbers but for the word that’s gotten out there about our services! From the initial training period at the SERVPRO corporate training facility to continuous education courses, you can feel safe knowing that our staff is equipped with the latest information to restore your Belle Meade hotel with the utmost professionalism. Industries like hospitality suffer when they can’t show their best selves to their clients and stakeholders. Still, SERVPRO can help by calling upon our resources from 2,000 franchises across the country to mitigate damage effectively. Call us at (615) 242-9391 or fill out this contact form to get in touch with us!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
After Adding Our 2000th Franchise, Here's Why You Should Trust SERVPRO With All Your Restoration Needs!
Have you heard the news? We added our 2000th franchise just last month! To commemorate this accomplishment, we think it would be fitting to share how SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville differs from other restoration companies in the Middle Tennessee area. We are proud to serve Nashville and its surrounding areas during a crisis, from our highly trained team to our advanced equipment. As a locally owned and operated business, we treat our Nashville neighbors like family- in fact, many of our trained operators could navigate Nashville like the back of their hand! Below, we will discuss our Commercial Large Loss Unit and our Major Event Response. With specialized teams dedicated to niche areas of the disaster restoration industry, we make it "Like it never even happened!"
What Are The 3 C's Of Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is our specialty cleaning program tailored to fit the unique needs of your business. We know that not all services can match one company's complex needs, which is why we conduct our training program to match YOUR business! With that being said, we adhere to the 3 C's during this process. Those are:
- Consult: When you consult us, we'll ask you a series of questions that allows us to probe into your business's requirements.
- Clean: The heart of our program! After we determine what's the best cleaning program for you, we'll do our part by using EPA-approved, Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and constantly referring back to the highest standards of cleanliness set by the CDC.
- Certify: When you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield posted across your business and other buildings, it is a beacon of your commitment to the safety and health of your employees and clients.
Dealing With The Fallout Of Summer Storms? We Can Utilize Our Network of Storm Teams
Storms can be identified by many names: tornado, hurricane, blizzard, or flood. We all know that these natural events can uproot your way of life.
- SERVPRO has a network of storm teams strategically positioned if a disaster strikes.
- With national resources from 2,000 (yes, 2,000!) franchises, we can mobilize local command centers, which will allow us to streamline communication and centralize operations.
- Our rapid response times are bar none! When you call us from your Bellevue home or business, we know that minutes matter. Taking immediate action is critical to avoid prolonging damage and to help accelerate the restoration process, so we are very conscious of the clock.
Dealing with the remains of a natural disaster is physically and emotionally draining. We understand. Our goal is to not only get you back up and running but to restore your Bellevue home or business to its preloss condition. As a recipient of the Angie's List Super Service Award, with several of our team members being ICRA-certified, we prioritize continuous education and training for our technicians to stay educated on the latest in the restoration industry! If you need us, contact us at (615) 242-9391.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Commercial Restoration Is Our Bread And Butter! Here Are 4 Things We Can Provide After Loss
A lot goes into a business- the daily operations, finances, marketing, and even the administrative tasks that tie it all together! Any proud, hardworking business owner puts their heart and soul into their company. While entrepreneurial spirit and meticulous planning can get you through most anything, it (unfortunately) doesn’t always protect you from a natural disaster. Fortunately for you, our professionals at SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville are commercial restoration specialists. With technology like Matterport and Exactomate, we are set up to successfully restore your property in minutes- and we mean it! From the moment you call us, we provide rapid 24-hour emergency service with our strategic positioning throughout the US and Canada that allow us to be nearby when disaster strikes.
Mold Is Not Gold: What Should You Look Out For If You See Mold In Your Green Hills Business?
It doesn’t take much for mold to grow- even just a tiny water leak or excess humidity (heads up during the summer months!) can cause mold colonies to flourish.
What Else Can We Provide After You Experience Commercial Property Damage?
- We can work with your insurance! It’s all about paperwork, and while that can be stressful, our team works with your insurance to manage the paperwork and the timeline that follows. We strive to make life easier after a difficult time!
- We offer move-outs and pack-outs if your Green Hills commercial property requires extensive restoration services. This ensures that your items are protected from further damage and allows for a quicker remodeling process.
- Our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS) provides a thorough list of all your belongings, including vital documents and electronics. By taking a room-by-room inventory of your contents, we provide an accurate report with proof of all items to settle claims faster.
- In addition to restoration services, we also provide commercial cleaning services. Whether or not your Green Hills commercial property has encountered a natural disaster, the wear and tear that gradually soils your property will show if you don’t properly maintain your building. From air ducts and HVAC to vandalism and everything in between, we can take your business to a whole new level of cleanliness!
Business operations are no doubt integral to the function of your Green Hills business. By optimizing your daily routine and improving productivity, you see consistent results and scalability. This is tough to maintain when your commercial property has been plagued with the effects of a natural disaster. As a locally-owned and operated business ourselves, we empathize with what you are going through. You can trust SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville because we are your Nashville neighbors! We go above and beyond to make sure your Green Hills business is as good as new from fire, water, mold, or storm damage.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.
The TRUTH About Mold Removal
What comes to mind when you think of mold? An unsightly colony of spores that spread exponentially? A musty odor that permeates your Belle Meade home or business? Tarnished air quality? Or all of the above? If you picked all of the above, you would be correct! Mold damage often occurs as a result of flooding from water damage. Even just a small leak from your faucet that hasn’t been checked is enough to blow up a mold storm! With mold having a reputation for becoming a severe issue in as little as two days, minutes matter. Need a solution? SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville is the answer!
There’s A Difference Between Mold “Removal” Vs. Mold Remediation? What Are They?
With how all-pervasive microscopic mold spores can be indoors and outdoors, completely removing mold is impossible. If you see anyone advertising “mold removal,” chances are, it’s wishful thinking.
- Mold spores being microscopic is to their advantage; they can float along in the air coming into your Belle Meade property through doors, windows, or HVAC systems. Sometimes, mold can even come indoors through pets or clothes.
- While mold removal helps you “get rid of” mold, it doesn’t quite identify the source of mold like mold remediation does.
- By controlling moisture indoors and addressing any sources of water or steam, you can regulate the spread of mold and prevent further growth. Keeping indoor humidity below 45 percent is recommended because higher than average humidity can support mold growth.
Mythbusters: What Other Mold-Related Tall Tales Should You Ignore?
- Mold is a new life form: This is FALSE. Mold is actually one of the simplest and earliest life forms and has existed for thousands of years. In fact, mold was the basis on which penicillin was founded almost 100 years ago, so it’s safe to say they’ve been around for some time!
- Mold is always visible. Another falsity! While its musty odor is characteristic of its presence, mold isn’t always seen by the naked eye. Some of the most overlooked places you should search for mold in your Belle Meade home or business are between tiles, wall crevices, and near the sink.
- You can use bleach to kill mold. While you CAN use bleach in small amounts to remove traces of mold on tile surfaces, bleach isn’t the end-all-be-all in mold remediation because it can’t kill mold in porous surfaces.
Mold is unsightly, unpleasant, and is a pain to deal with. If you need mold remediation services in Belle Meade, our SERVPRO team is the mold remediation experts! Our specialists are extensively trained in applied microbial remediation, water damage restoration, and structural drying to ensure that further damage stays at bay. If you need our mold remediation services, contact us at (615) 242-9391. We can also help you care for your belongings during this process! This franchise is independently owned and operated.
What To Know About Summer Storms In Nashville
Spring storms may be the most common season for a storm to arrive, but summer storms bring some unique insights. While peak monsoon season typically lasts from July until September, thunderstorms with heavy rains can affect your Nashville home or business at any time of the year. With the flooding and water damage from heavy flooding, immediate action is critical to ensuring timely and safe mitigation. Don’t know who to call? SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville is the storm damage experts! Read on to find out what makes summer storms different from spring storms and how our highly-trained team can help YOU with any of your storm damage calamities this summer.
Tempest Takeaways: What Should You Know About Summer Storms And How Are They Different From Spring Storms?
- Spring storms are characterized by variability. Temperatures swing back and forth like a pendulum between frigid in the morning and balmy later in the day. These changes in temperature, humidity, and moisture in the environment can lead to stormy weather.
- On the other hand, summer storms are characterized by storm types. Does your area experience lightning and hail or flash floods and tornadoes? By knowing the difference between a weather watch and a weather warning for these storms, you can be better prepared for the unpredictable!
- Keep your windows closed during a summer storm! Unnecessary heat usually comes through curtains, blinds, and shades.
How Does SERVPRO Come In The Picture When You Need Storm Damage Restoration?
Excessive moisture is often the lowest common denominator for natural disasters. It is the root cause of mold and a reason for thunderstorms as well (along with the rapid rise of warm air). Because of these factors, thunderstorms happen more frequently in the spring and summer, especially with high humidity levels in the air. If you are experiencing storm damage and flooding to your Nashville home or business, please contact us at (615) 242-9391. Aside from restoration, we also provide high-scale residential and commercial cleaning services! This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Everything You Need To Know About Our Commercial Large Loss Unit In Green Hills
Commercial restoration brings with it a unique set of challenges and issues compared to residential restoration. With revenue and productivity being substituted with restoration costs and allocated labor hours, the Green Hills business that you built from the ground up can feel like something from a distant time. With first impressions playing a critical role in the sustenance of your business operations and increased client retention, the effects of fire or water damage do not look good. SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville is the team to call if you need commercial restoration and cleanup services! We have decades of experience in commercial AND residential restoration for projects of all sizes. Our Commercial Large Loss Division in Green Hills is composed of the A-listers in the restoration world for larger-scale disaster restoration projects.
No Job Is Too Large: What Can Our Commercial Large Loss Unit Do For Your Green Hills Business?
- Our elite large-loss specialists are strategically positioned across the United States because a natural disaster doesn’t just stick to one place! Based on your location’s geography, some natural disasters are more prone to occur there than others. For example, California is more prone to earthquakes because it lies on the San Andreas Fault, whereas the southern US is more prone to tornadoes and hurricanes.
- A commercial operations manager monitors our large loss unit to ensure timely mitigation and seamless communication across team members is a priority.
- From the hospitality industry to academia, our ability to cut costs through strategic placement and the temporary oversight of labor sets us apart from other commercial restoration companies in Green Hills!
What Do You Need To Know About The Major Events Team At SERVPRO of Belle Meade And West Nashville?
- A trusted leader in the storm and major natural event industry, you can rely on us to bring our tools of the trade and our connections with over 1,960 other SERVPRO franchises in the US and Canada to mitigate disaster!
- Our franchise owners participate in a mandatory 15-day course at the SERVPRO Corporate training facility to be educated on topics covering fire damage, water damage, mold mitigation, and carpet and upholstery cleaning. We don’t just let anyone take on commercial restoration!
- We put our heart and soul into our work, having been named a Top 100 SERVPRO Franchises member, so we are humbled to know that our presence positively impacts the local community.
The physical, mental, emotional, and economic impact of a natural disaster is felt long after it’s gone. After fire, water, storm, or mold damage has affected your Green Hills business, there are steps to follow to ensure that you have a prompt and effective mitigation timeline. If you are unsure where to start, call us at (615) 242-9391 or contact us via this form to let us know where you are in the disaster restoration journey. We’d be happy to guide you! This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Three Guaranteed Ways To Make Your Life Easier After Fire Damage
Few life events are as stressful and intrusive as fire damage to your West End home or business. The blazing flames of a scorching fire can bring back memories of a time you want nothing more than to forget. If or when the unthinkable happens, you need fire damage restoration experts. That would be none other than SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville! Our team will guide you through the crisis and ask a series of questions, so our technicians know what to bring onsite. Every fire damage scenario is treated on a case-by-case basis and with the utmost respect and empathy. Below are three ways you can gain a sense of normalcy after fire damage and effective ways to care for your belongings after such a life-altering event.
What Are Three Foolproof Ways To Simplify Your Life Post-Fire Damage?
- Check the structural integrity of your West End home or commercial property before re-entering to avoid getting trapped in a building with a weak foundation.
- If your wallpaper can be washed, it should be cleaned like a painted wall- but beware of wetting the paper and only use a commercial paste to loosen up any edges or sections!
- Avoid asserting pressure onto blistered surfaces like paintings and photographs, which are usually delicate after a fire.
How Can You Effectively Care For Your Belongings After Fire Damage?
- We offer documents and photograph drying, especially after water damage that runs parallel to fire damage through firefighting efforts. We provide air drying techniques, dehumidification, and freezer drying (among others!) depending on the level of fire damage and the document/photograph type.
- It may be tempting to use your laptop or turn your TV on after fire damage, but this presents a severe hazard! Smoke residues hold acids that corrode metal surfaces which can cause electronic failure in your device if the residues are not removed. Our qualified electronics technicians will inspect and thoroughly clean your device, so it’s safe to use again!
- From carpet and upholstery cleaning to odor removal services, our SERVPRO team has all the advanced tools and technology in their arsenal to make your fire damage situation “Like it never even happened.”
Fire damage leaves behind a trail of soot, smoke smells, and the burning embers of a home or business that you worked so hard to make your own. As always in these scenarios, it’s essential to look at the big picture and prioritize safety at all costs. From the time you contact us to the time we appear on the scene, you can keep calm knowing that our team has a rapid 24-hour emergency response, meaning that we’ll show up in minutes. If you need us, call us at (615) 242-9391. We’ll even work with your insurance company to make the claim-filing process that much easier! This franchise is independently owned and operated.
Are Your Ceilings Sagging After Water Damage? Here's What You Should Do
If you're dealing with the aftermath of a flood or heavy rains, chances are, you're probably worried about your Bellevue home's basement and ground floors. However, sagging ceilings can be just as problematic. This can weaken the drywall and plaster, leading to your ceiling collapsing due to pressure. It's not a surprise that wet materials are VERY heavy, and the added water weight can lead to issues with mold later down the road if not taken care of immediately. We are THE water damage restoration experts at SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville! With our speedy disaster response times, industry knowledge, and continuous training, we strive to make your water damage incident "Like it never even happened."
What Are Some Of The Most Effective Tactics To Combat Sagging Ceilings After Water Damage?
- First things first, if you see that your ceilings are wet or discolored, do NOT turn on any fans! With how unstable the ceiling would be after water damage, the pressure from these fixtures can contribute to a collapsed roof.
- Have your ceiling stabilized! This includes moving all valuables and other items out of the affected areas and positioning a tarp (and bucket!) underneath the damaged spaces.
- Ensure that your faucet's main valve is turned off more so if you have an upstairs bathroom causing the leak.
- It's easier to remove damaged drywall if you want to remove it back to dry material. You can hang patches easier by exposing ceiling joists.
How Can SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville Help You?
- When you contact us, our representative will ask pointed questions so that we can better help you with the appropriate equipment and resources.
- Next, we will conduct a water damage assessment where we inspect and test the level of damage that has been done. We can begin the water extraction and removal process once we know how far the moisture has sojourned.
- The drying and dehumidification process follows immediately, where we remove water hidden in plain sight. Our experts will then use temperature, room measurements, and relative humidity to determine how many air movers and dehumidifiers are needed to mitigate your Bellevue home or business.
- Before restoration can happen, however, there is one final step: Cleaning and sanitizing all of your belongings. There are several techniques we use, including dry cleaning and immersion cleaning.
Water damage is one of the most common natural disasters in the United States. The results of water damage, including flooding and mold damage, are the most common disasters to plague our society. If you need water damage restoration services in Bellevue and other surrounding areas, call us at (615) 242-9391. This franchise is independently owned and operated.
If Disaster Restoration Is The Name, SERVPRO's In The Game! Why You Should Pick SERVPRO For All Your Restoration Needs
Natural disasters come unplanned, devastating for a homeowner or business owner. Ideally, you would want to be prepared if water, fire, mold, or storm damage shows up at your doorstep; But sometimes, no amount of preparation can prepare you for the unpredictable. If this happens, SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville are the people to call! With professionalism and empathy being our central tenets, we offer a host of services under the residential and commercial services umbrella. If you need water, fire, storm, or commercial cleaning services, we are your go-to for ALL of your restoration needs!
What Sorts Of Residential Services Do We Provide At SERVPRO Of Belle Meade And West Nashville?
- There's no place like home - but when flooding, soot, or daily wear-and-tear starts to show, it can bring back memories of a trying time. At SERVPRO, we offer residential restoration services for water damage, fire damage, mold damage, and storm damage cleanup and restoration.
- With expertise spanning air ducts and HVAC systems to vandalism and graffiti, we can assure you that we follow all protocols and standard operating procedures for all these scenarios. Our processes start when you call us, where we do an inspection and assessment of your Nashville property and end with full-scale restoration to bring back the joie de vivre of your home base.
- We also provide odor removal and deodorization services if your place needs a good clean. As experts in deodorization, we are trained to detect and eliminate offensive odors. We remove the airborne contaminants that affect air quality in your Nashville home by using air scrubbers and thermal foggers. You can breathe easy knowing that we have only the most seasoned professionals on our team!
What Are The Three C's That Make Up Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned?
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is our unique cleaning program tailor-made to your Nashville business's priorities. With over five decades of experience in biochemical spill remediation and contamination, we welcome a new level of cleanliness to the restoration industry!
- Consult: When you consult us, we'll figure out your business's needs so we can create a cleaning program based on those needs- after all, every business is different!
- Clean: The climax of our program, we use EPA-approved, hospital-grade cleaning solutions to carry out a deep clean, always making sure to adhere to the CDC.
- Certify: The trademark Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield will be displayed on your commercial property's window. This honor is bestowed on those businesses committed to the safety and well-being of their customers and employees.
Do you need residential or commercial restoration services in Nashville? SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville can help you out during this rough patch. Several of our team members are IICRC-certified, setting the bar higher in the world of restoration. Our continuous education and training ensure we are at the top of our game so we can make it "Like it never even happened." If you need us, call us at (615) 242-9391 or contact us via this form. We look forward to working with you! This franchise is independently owned and operated.