Holiday Lighting Decoration Tips
Nashville may be known as Music City, but it is also known for putting on some great holiday shows, and not all these have to do with music. The truth is that people from Nashville love to decorate for the holidays and, while fire safety precautions are always taken, they go well out of their way to put on some great lighting shows! Of course, if you want in on the action, consider some of the following holiday decoration tips for your lighting:
- Before you start decorating think about the look you are going for in decorating your home for the holidays. Do you want fun and cheery? Do you want a more elegant display? Obviously, if you want elegance, you will want to pass on the 6 foot Santa on your roof.
- During the holidays, you are apt to get a higher number of guests to your home. A quick call to SERVPRO of Belle Meade / West Nashville will get the inside of your home ready for holidays and you can take care of the outside by utilizing whatever shrubs, trees, or fencing you have to create a magical and decorative path for guests to follow.
- Outlining the unique characteristics of your Nashville home with lighting can make your home stand out in your neighborhood. Whether you prefer stunning white lights or colorful, lighting your home up will create a fantastic holiday scene.
- Take special care with fire prevention and safety when hooking up your lights. Make sure to use outdoor lighting on the exterior of your home, as the fire damage can be extensive to the exterior, and the interior, if you use the improper lighting.
- Don’t be afraid to go big with your lighting. A swirl of lights surrounding your chimney, a tree, or your fence posts can do wonders for your holiday spirit. Again, make sure that you are following proper safety protocol with these. Don’t overload your outlets!
- If you want to further reduce the risk of an electrical fire, remember you can use battery operated lighting to illuminate your home as well. Small holiday bags placed on your steps with battery-operated candles will provide you with the magic you need for the holidays.
Nothing says you have the holiday spirit more than decorating your home with cheerful lighting. The important thing to remember is you can’t go wrong with whatever type of display you put up. As long as it puts you in the mood for the holidays, that is all that matters.