This Is The Most Commonly Used Item After Fire Damage (Hint: This Material May Be In Your Moisturizer!)
Few things shake up your world the way fire damage does. It’s challenging to bring up the inevitable question, “where do I even start?” If you are in this position, just know that you are not alone! The SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville team is well-equipped to handle fire damage scenarios, large or small, and we do it with respect and empathy, too. We genuinely care about the greater Nashville community, and we have operators who know Music City like it’s the back of their hands, so you know that we won’t waste precious time when you contact us. While you are waiting for us to arrive on the scene, we’ve laid out a few tips you SHOULD do and the kinds of fire restoration services we offer in Nashville.
What Are The Top Tips For Cleaning Up After Fire Damage While Waiting For Us?
If you’re wondering what the most commonly used item after fire damage is, this is it: petroleum jelly. Yes, you read that right!
- Light coats of petroleum jelly or oil can be used to clean and protect chrome. When used in moderation, petroleum jelly effectively safeguards chrome surfaces (like your kitchen counter) from tarnishing. Who knew an ingredient in your moisturizer could be so multi-faceted?
- A tip applied during COVID quarantine days still applies after fire damage: wash your hands! You don’t want to further soil upholstery, woodwork, and walls with dirty hands.
- Limit movement within your Nashville home to prevent soot particles from traveling and being embedded in your carpets.
- Change your HVAC filter! Air filters can trap larger particles which can aggravate the damage already done. The last thing you want after fire damage is to have your HVAC systems intensify the smoke smell throughout your home.
What Are The Fire, Smoke, And Soot Restoration Services We Offer In Nashville?
- Your walls, carpeting, floors, and woodwork need thorough structural cleaning after fire and smoke damage. Our team will determine the extent of damage by pretesting and then use the specific equipment and tools necessary to clean and protect your surfaces. In some cases, SERVPRO may clean to “prepare for painting” to ensure new coats of paint will properly stick to the surface.
- Our restore vs. replace mentality is cost-effective AND allows you to preserve priceless mementos such as artwork, collectibles, and heirlooms. Our professionals will test all fabrics and objects to check which cleaning method is appropriate. Most importantly, you can request SERVPRO to provide an inventory list of “to be claimed” items for your records.
- Fire and smoke smells leave behind offensive odors reminiscent of a time in your life that you want to forget as soon as possible. Merely covering up the stench with a fragrance is not enough: SERVPRO uses several deodorization techniques to find the odor source and eliminate them from the root.
We hope you found the above tips and insights helpful during a stressful time. Our goal is to get you back on your feet so you can adjust to a new normal in your life. We take our mission a step further by helping you with the insurance paperwork so you can go through a seamless claims process. Do you need the experts to take care of your fire damage scenario? Give us a call at (615) 242-9391, and we’ll take care of the rest.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.