HVAC Maintenance in Your Apartment Complex
For the care of your HVAC systems in your apartment complex or commercial buildings, engaging a professional HVAC company to do maintenance on your system at regular intervals throughout the year will ensure that the heating and cooling of your property is running as efficiently as possible. Inspection and cleaning of the wiring and mechanisms of all your HVAC units will be completed, which requires the kind of training these professionals have. The experience and expertise of such a company are invaluable to any business owner since the comfort of all interiors and the energy efficiency of the buildings themselves are important to everyone: residents, tenants, and owner.
Here are some things you can do yourself as an apartment complex or commercial business owner both monthly and seasonally to maintain and prolong the life and efficiency of all your units and systems in between professional maintenance visits:
- Use pleated, high-efficiency filters: These types of filters have an electrostatic charge that works like a magnet to attract particles, including those that carry bacteria.
- Keep HVAC units free of grass, leaves, and pollen; make sure your landscaping company doesn’t allow grass to shower on top of any exterior units on the grounds.
- Clear two feet of space around all outdoor heating and cooling units.
- Inspect refrigerant lines each month.
- Replace air filter at least every 90 days.
- In summer, turn off the water to the furnace humidifier.
- In fall, replace the humidifier filter and turn on the water.
- Replace your carbon monoxide detector battery.
- Ensure outdoor AC unit is on firm and level ground.
- Clean AC condensate drain with bleach/water mixture.
Have your professional maintenance company check all your apartment complex ductwork to make sure it is all sealed properly during scheduled tune-ups on your HVAC systems. For more energy savings, pre-program the thermostats in your onsite offices.
Here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade West Nashville, we care about you and your business. When it comes to maintaining the HVAC systems in your apartment complex or commercial buildings, we are here to help.