Mold Begone! Here's How We Remediate And Restore Your Nashville Home From Mold
Mold is a sight to behold, but certainly not in a good way. And the worst part is that it doesn't take much for a mold spore to grow into a mold colony. Even just a tiny water leak or excess humidity is enough for a mold colony to start its growth within 48 hours. Not only is mold repulsive, but it can also produce allergens and irritants that can negatively affect your health. If you suspect mold growth in your Nashville home, don't hesitate to contact SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville! We are a BBB-accredited business- they don't give out qualifications like that for no reason, so you can trust that you are in good hands!
What Does The Mold Remediation Process Look Like In Nashville?
- To kickstart this process, call our emergency contact at (615) 242-9391! Our representative will ask questions about your mold situation so that we know what equipment, resources, and team members to bring to the scene.
- We'll conduct a mold damage assessment when we arrive at the scene. Depending on local and state laws, specific protocols and documentation may be required for the affected areas.
- The third step is to contain the mold. This is exactly as it sounds: We'll use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area and prevent mold from spreading further.
- Step four involves air filtration, which allows our professionals to capture mold spores from the air. Mold spores become airborne when "disturbed" in any way, which applies during the cleanup process. Our powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums are no match for existing mold spores!
- At this point of the mold remediation process, we remove all mold and mold-infested materials through antifungal and antimicrobial treatments. We will also remove mold-infested porous materials like carpeting and drywall in the case of heavy mold growth.
- Immediately afterward, we will start cleaning your contents and belongings. With our restore vs. replace mentality, we will restore all belongings that aren't too far gone so you can preserve the precious items that matter most.
- And last but not least, the restoration process begins! Depending on the level of damage, restoration may involve minor repairs like replacing drywall and painting walls, or it can involve major repairs like full reconstruction of your Nashville home. Whatever the circumstance, SERVPRO's got your back!
Hold On- Mold Remediation? What About Removing Mold Completely?
- Microscopic mold spores exist everywhere. That means that removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. If you see a restoration company promising that they can "remove" mold, this is a tall tale.
- Mold spores can enter your Nashville home in several ways- through your window, floating in the air, or even through the HVAC system!
- While there is no way to eliminate all mold and mold spores, according to the EPA, the best way to control mold growth indoors is to control moisture. That means keeping humidity levels below 45 percent and addressing all sources of moisture in your home.
When disaster strikes, SERVPRO is here for YOU. If not handled immediately, water damage can lead to various aftereffects, including mold. We recommend reaching out to the experts when you've recently experienced a flood or are trying to remediate mold because specific CDC guidelines need to be followed when handling mold. We have technicians trained in applied microbial remediation and structural drying because we go to the root cause of your mold troubles. Call us at (615) 242-9391, and let us remediate your mold headache!
This franchise is independently owned and operated.