Experiencing A Leak In Your Pipes? Here's What To Expect
Happy New Year from your friends here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville! While disaster is never a good way to start the New Year, we take pride in being there for our Nashville neighbors 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and have prompt response times. With that being said, pipe leaks can happen, especially during winter. If your pipes are clogged or have a leaky faucet, putting off this problem will only lead to further damage.
What To Do Immediately After A Leaky Pipe Situation While Waiting For The Professionals?
- Turn off your water and drain the faucets! The sooner you do this, the better chance you can minimize damage. Once your water has been shut off, you should empty your taps of any remaining cold water in your systems. This will help relieve pressure and prevent other areas in your pipe systems from freezing.
- Investigate where the pipes burst! This is critical because if your pipes appear to have been leaking for a while, you want to be careful entering rooms. Look for bulging ceilings and other warning signs of water damage.
- If you catch water damage soon enough, place buckets underneath the leakage areas.
What Does The Water Damage Restoration Process Look Like In Green Hills?
- Once you've called us, the restoration process begins. While every water damage scenario is different, the general process stays the same.
- At this point, we will inspect your Green Hills property to determine the scope of water damage. We will also test how far the moisture has traveled to guarantee proper and complete restoration.
- Almost immediately after the inspection, the water removal and extraction process begins. This includes using powerful pumps and vacuum units to remove hundreds of gallons of water promptly and efficiently, which helps prevent mold growth and further damage.
- Drying and dehumidification are vital to removing water that is harder to access. Our professionals use room measurements, relative humidity, and temperature to determine the optimal number of air movers and dehumidifiers needed for successful cleaning and restoration.
- Step 5 of this process consists of cleaning and sanitation! With the damp odors that are a noticeable side effect of water damage, our professionals provide sanitation treatments and use a number of cleaning techniques for content restoration.
- After this, we take on the task of restoring your Green Hills home or business to its preloss condition. Restoration can include minor repairs like installing new carpet and replacing drywall or major repairs like full-scale room reconstruction.
Leaking pipes can not only lead to water damage and flooding, but odors and mold issues if not taken care of as soon as possible. Luckily for you, SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville specializes in water damage restoration- you could say it's the cornerstone of our business! Contact us at (615) 242-9391, and let us make this process as stress-free as possible. This franchise is independently owned and operated.