How To Handle Mold In Your West End Property After a Storm
Rainy days can be a nice aesthetic when you’re indoors or if the rain isn’t overpowering. Of course, you get the most benefit out of something if done in moderation, but too much of a good thing can also be problematic. That’s very true of the aftereffects of storm damage. When it comes to storm damage to your West End property, the best thing you can do to minimize mold is to take quick action. It just takes a small water leak to expand into a bigger problem when it comes to mold. The steps laid out here will give you an overview of our mold services, as well as listing the reasons why SERVPRO of Belle Meade/West Nashville are the trusted leaders in mold remediation.
What Are Some Mold Remediation Services That SERVPRO of Belle Meade/West Nashville Can Offer?
- It is a well-known fact that mold will grow in places with excessive moisture or where there has been flooding. Once a mold spore has set into your West End property, it can spread quickly and become a severe issue in as little as 48 hours.
- When you first contact us, we will do a thorough mold damage assessment of your property. Based on the size of the affected area, local and state laws may require specific documentation protocol and inspection.
- This then leads to containing the mold to prevent further damage through negative air chambers and negative air pressure. This will prevent the mold spores from spreading during the containment process. As a note, all HVAC systems will be turned off to support this process.
- Next, we use specialized air filtration equipment to capture microscopic mold spores from the air, and we also remove mold-infested materials at this point. We do this through antimicrobial and antifungal treatments to not only aid mold prevention but to prevent further colonies from forming as well. To remediate heavy mold growth, we also advise removing mold-infested porous materials like carpeting and drywall.
- Once we’ve cleaned all the restorable content that has been affected by mold, the restoration process begins. Restoration can mean minor repairs such as replacing drywall and installing new carpets, but it can also mean major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas in your West End property. It all depends on the extent of mold damage post-storm.
Why Choose SERVPRO Of Belle Meade/West Nashville For Your Mold Remediation Woes?
- We’re faster to any size disaster! Mold spreads exponentially, so we’re dedicated to promptly responding when you contact us.
- We’re trained mold remediation specialists! We have the experience, expertise, and advanced equipment to get your West End property back to its preloss condition.
- We use state-of-the-art technology to detect and obstruct the water source feeding the mold before using negative air pressure to isolate the area.
Mold is not only gross, but it also poses a series of health effects once you come in contact with it. Because we are a locally-owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/West Nashville is nearby and ready to help our neighbors! Contact us at (615) 242-9391, and let us help you with your mold-damaged property.
This franchise is independently owned and operated.