What Should You Do If Your Bellevue Home's Sprinkler System Goes Off?
Your home's sprinkler system is an integral part of extinguishing fires and reducing smoke and dangerous substances. While this can be helpful in the case of a fire, if a sprinkler system goes off, that's a problem. The water damage from these systems can be even more disastrous than the smoke and soot damage from a fire. Laid out here are a few tips on steps you should take if your Bellevue home's sprinkler system goes off.
What To Do Post-Damage From Your Bellevue Home's Sprinkler System?
- First, you need to assess how minor or how significant the damage is. (after making sure everyone is safe and the smoke has cleared, of course!) Water damage has to be dealt with ASAP to prevent structural damage or mold growth. (Let's remember that mold growth can occur almost 24-48 hours after water damage in the affected area!)
- Areas you would need to assess before calling a professional would be to check the main areas of damage to your home, i.e., carpeting, wet drywall, wet office materials, upholstery, etc.
- Go outside your house, where you would hook up a hose. There should be another circular valve, has holes in the knob and is usually red.
- Turn this valve clockwise to shut off your home's main water supply (temporarily) until you find out the location of the sprinkler system valve from the product's manufacturer.
What Kind Of Water Damage Restoration Services Do We Offer?
- We offer 24-hour emergency service- you call, we'll be there!
- We have advanced water inspection, extraction, and drying equipment to move the restoration process as effectively as possible.
- We are locally owned and operated- meaning we know our way around the greater Nashville area, so you can rest assured that we'll appear on the scene faster to any size disaster!
- With our highly trained technicians specializing in water damage, we are a trusted leader in the water restoration industry.
While it can be stressful to deal with the damage that a malfunctioning sprinkler system can cause to your Bellevue home, we hope the tips provided above are helpful until help arrives. If you find yourself in need of water restoration and cleaning services, don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Belle Meade/West Nashville at (615) 242- 9391. This franchise is independently owned and operated.