Keeping Yourself Safe During Bonfires In Nashville
Cooler weathers, leaves changing color, and pumpkin spice may signify the arrival of fall, but one other activity that screams fall is bonfires! Sitting around a bonfire with your family and friends may be a fun way to spend time this fall in Nashville, but you should never forget the risk that comes with outdoor fires. Compiled here is a list of guidelines to adhere to so you can have a safe, fun bonfire this fall.
What Are Some Safety Measures To Protect Yourself From Fire Damage As A Result Of Bonfires?
- Check the weather before building your bonfire! Don’t set up a bonfire on a windy night.
- Make sure that the area you have your bonfire is in a legal location. Before you begin, find out your state’s regulations about fire.
- Keep an eye on anyone running too close to a bonfire so that no one gets hurt.
- Keep a garden hose or a bucket of water nearby in case the fire spreads. It never hurts to be prepared.
- Make sure that the wood you’re burning is dry and seasoned. No furniture, nothing coated or treated, and certainly no railroad ties should be thrown into the flames.
- Do NOT burn anything with foam or paint! This includes canisters and aerosols. The chemicals from these items can release toxic fumes and are incredibly flammable. Such products are known to explode, so it’s best to stay away from these materials during a bonfire.
- Douse the area with water so that there aren’t any flammable fragments after the bonfire.
How Can SERVPRO of Belle Meade And West Nashville Help With Fire Restoration This Fall?
- We’re faster to any disaster- big or small. Damage is damage, and we strive to restore your Nashville property "Like it never even happened."
- We specialize in fire and water damage, which is the foundation of our business. This includes fire, smoke, and soot restoration, odor control, fabric cleaning, and water damage restoration.
- We have a “restore vs. replace” mentality. This helps you get back to your Nashville home or business faster while also lowering costs. This mindset leads to the specialized training and equipment that we use to get your property back to the way it was before the fire.
- We know that every fire damage scenario is unique, so we tailor each restoration project to the situation on hand.
A warm, jovial activity such as a fall bonfire can be a festive way to ring in fall, but if you’re not careful, the night can end in disaster. We hope that with these tips, you can have a safe, enjoyable bonfire this season, but if the situation arises (we hope it doesn’t!), our experienced team at SERVPRO of Belle Meade and West Nashville is only one call away. Contact us at (615) 242- 9391. This franchise is independently owned and operated.