HVAC CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE THAT WILL IMPROVE THE AIR QUALITY OF YOUR BUSINESS
Hiring a professional to inspect, clean, and maintain your HVAC system will save you time and trouble. You will want to schedule an inspection every fall and again in spring, after the heavier use months during winter and summer. Your professional will inspect and clean all the wiring and mechanisms of your business’ HVAC units, which requires training and expertise. Scheduling regular inspections, cleaning, and maintenance of your HVAC will greatly improve the air quality of your business, and that will be good news to everyone - staff and guests alike.
As a business owner, there are several simple maintenance chores that you can do to prolong your system’s life and increase its efficiency between professional inspections and maintenance, such as:
- Get a high-efficiency, pleated air filter for your system.
- Keep your heating units and AC free of pollen, leaves, and grass.
- Keep two feet of space clear around your outdoor AC and heating units.
- Inspect refrigerant lines every month.
- Replace your air filters at least every 90 days.
- In the summer, turn off the water running to the furnace humidifier.
- In the fall, replace the humidifier filter and turn the water back on.
- Replace the carbon monoxide detector battery
- Make sure your outdoor AC unit is on firm and level ground
- Clean AC condensation with a bleach and water mixture
Caring for your HVAC properly throughout the year will keep the air quality and atmosphere of your business pleasant and healthy, which keeps your staff happy and content. It will also save you money by improving and maintaining the energy efficiency throughout your buildings and premises.
The SERVPRO of Belle Meade / West Nashville team has the expertise necessary when it comes to inspecting and maintaining your HVAC system, and we are here to answer any questions you might have. We are also experienced in large cleanup jobs such as those needed because of fire damage or water damage, and we are pros at mold remediation.