Here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville, it is always our very great pleasure and honor to serve the people of West Nashville and the surrounding areas. We work hard to make sure our clients get the very best care and value when doing business with us, and we take whatever time is necessary to make sure that happens, each and every day.
Dealing with property restoration, renovation, or cleanup can be very stressful, and our SERVPRO team understands that. We are here to help you, our customer, and to try to make what can be a tough situation just a little bit easier. We focus on clear and correct communication and professional behavior to help set your mind at ease.
It’s a wonderful thing to receive a letter like this one we are sharing today that expresses such appreciation for our efforts:
“What great people you have!!!
Have met three of them and they are all wonderful men who represent you well. Mike and Jason are here today working in my lot garage and my guest bathroom.
Manners - gentlemen. Workers - hardworking. Humans - showing kindness and making a messy situation better because they are here!
The first gentleman's name I did not catch.
Thomas - Checked with Mike and Jason. He made it plain to builder’s company what needed to happen so that neither would come back on them and we/ I would get sick in future as he talked with builders rep. So very thankful for him spelling it out for Lia and for me. Polite but firm and professional.
When something bad or smelly happens and things get wet, damaged, etc, it's nice to know that kind men will drive up and fix things.
How can we ever thank you for hiring them? Bless you!”
Jim and Jane M.
Here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville,, we are dedicated to our customers and our community. We specialize in clean-up projects both large and small that can be needed property damages from water or fire, and we are also specialists in mold remediation. When disaster strikes, contact us immediately for the best in customer care. Our phone number is (615) 242-9391, or click here:: SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville to visit our website. We look forward to speaking with you!
Changes In the Commercial Insurance Business
We at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville work closely with your commercial insurance company to provide you with a stress-free claims process and manage your insurance paperwork every step of the way. We know there have been changes in the commercial insurance business, and we have a professional staff who will properly and competently manage all your paperwork. Don’t worry about a thing and rely completely on us to provide you with a highly well-trained staff of professionals who will not only take the stress out of your situation but will also provide you with excellent service in getting your insurance paperwork done efficiently and competently.
In the world of the commercial insurance business, there are some changes coming with regards to mold claims, and these changes are something that every commercial property owner should be aware of. More losses caused by mold growth, bacterial growth or fungal growth are being denied than ever before.
How do you prepare for this change as a commercial property owner? The first step can be in looking into Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL) insurance policies. Mold growth is the number one source of new claims under EIL policies, and these policies are sold to commercial buildings for any damage or loss caused by a contamination of some degree. However, less than 5% of commercial properties are insured under EIL insurance policies.
How do you get EIL policies?
Good EIL coverages are available at good rates for those commercial properties that have an active water intrusion loss prevention plan that is provided by a certified IICRC firm. Luckily, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville is one such certified damage restoration firm! Here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville, we are able to provide businesses with Emergency Ready Programs, or ERPs, which are plans to help a business recover as quickly as possible in the event of a disaster by implementing an immediate plan of action.
With this overall increase in denial rates for mold growth claims, it is more important than ever for commercial property owners to establish a water intrusion loss prevention plan, such as an ERP, in order to better qualify for affordable EIL Policy coverage.
Don’t wait until it is too late and the mold growth has set in on your property! Reach out to SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville today to help set up your ERP. Here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville, we have the experience, knowledge, and expertise necessary to help you with any mold damage or preventive practices. We are also available for cleanup after fire and water damage. Call us today at (615) 242-9391, or visit our website: SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville
Commercial HVAC Maintenance Service
Five-Star Service for Commercial Heating and Cooling Systems
Commercial properties need to prioritize comfort for their employees and customers all year long. It's essential to focus on temperature comfort for many reasons. Pleasant temperatures can keep employees in commercial settings productive, happy and healthy. They can keep customers and clients in good spirits, too. People tend to be put off by indoor spaces that are stuffy and hot during the summer months. They tend to be discouraged by indoor spaces that are excessively chilly and cold during the wintertime as well. If you're searching for professional assistance with your commercial HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) system in Nashville, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville can come to your rescue. We cater to the HVAC system requirements of businesses located all throughout Nashville. If your West Nashville business is in need of comprehensive HVAC maintenance and cleaning services, you can count fully on our experienced technicians.
What Maintaining Your Commercial System Can Do
Commercial heating and cooling system upkeep is helpful for many reasons. HVAC system maintenance, first of all, can troubleshoot matters in detail. If you want to pinpoint existing air conditioning or heating system problems before they're able to accelerate, then maintenance work can be extremely smart. Remember, cooling and heating system problems can be bad news for your business. They can hurt your productivity levels significantly. That's the last thing most businesses anywhere want or need. Experiencing a cooling system catastrophe in July on an extremely hot afternoon can be awful for any business.
Maintenance service is intricate, nuanced and exhaustive. It can improve matters for you in a range of ways. It can do more than stop time-consuming and expensive system failures. It can keep your unit dependable and strong for longer. Replacing cooling and heating units can cost a lot of money. Maintenance can decrease your energy expenses on a monthly basis. These things can all lead to smoother sailing for commercial settings.
System maintenance can be terrific for relaxation purposes. If you want to feel wonderful in your commercial space regardless of the season, routine upkeep is the solution.
Reach Out to SERVPRO of Belle Meade West Nashville Today
If you're searching for qualified and seasoned technicians who can offer you choice heating and cooling maintenance in Nashville, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville is the answer. Our professional assistance is the best of the best. Schedule an appointment for our HVAC maintenance in West Nashville and beyond today.
Why Your Business Should Have an ERP
Benjamin Franklin wisely said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” It’s advice that can easily apply to a business. Water damage, fire damage, storm damage and other disasters can ravage corporations. A staggering 50 percent of these companies are too crippled to reopen. So how are the other 50 percent able to rebound? They have a readiness plan.
An ERP (Emergency Readiness Plan) is a method of planning for emergencies long before they occur. It’s a carefully devised, well-rehearsed strategy that guides you and your employees to take decisive action during a catastrophe. Here are some things to consider while putting your ERP into place:
PONDER THE WORST CASE SCENARIOS
Encourage your employees to formulate as many disaster scenarios as they can. One of the worst calamities in the US occurred in the 2010 flood in Nashville, Tennessee, when the city was deluged by 13.57 inches of rain within 36 hours (an event I’m sure you all remember quite well). Studying such tragedies can help you more effectively plot possible situations.
DETERMINE PROTECTIVE ACTIONS
It is necessary to create an ERP that protects anyone in the building. The Department of Homeland Security refers to this as “Protective Actions for Life Safety,” including:
- Fire Drills -- Rehearsals for action during a fire.
- Sheltering -- Sheltering staff during a natural disaster.
- Sheltering in Place -- Sheltering staff during a man-made emergency.
- Lockdown -- Eluding an active shooter.
LEARN HOW TO STABILIZE THE INCIDENT
Stabilizing an incident means preventing further damage on the scene. This can be accomplished by training your employees in various rescue procedures including:
- First Aid and CPR
- Proper Use of Fire Extinguishers
TRAIN AN EVACUATION TEAM
Without guidance during an evacuation, people may blindly panic. Consider adding an evacuation team to your ERP:
- Assign employees to guide evacuees out of the building.
- Appoint helpers to assist persons with disabilities.
- If an exit is blocked by a hazard such as a collapsed ceiling, make sure the evacuation team is trained to redirect employees to an alternate exit.
SERVPRO of Belle Meade / West Nashville, is a fast, reliable, proactive provider of emergency cleaning and restoration services for fire and water damage. SERVPRO can expertly help you devise an effective Emergency Readiness Plan for your business in the West Nashville area.
The SERVPRO Ready Plan information will give you the security of emergency preparedness. The information can be downloaded into the Ready Plan app to instantly share with SERVPRO, so that the damage can be intercepted. We’ll make it “like it never happened.”
The Commercial Resources SERVPRO Has to Offer
When looking for cleanup for your business, we at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville can help with our commercial resources. Whether it is cleanup after a disaster or mold remediation, we help West Nashville businesses get back to conducting business as usual, as fast as possible. Nobody likes a disaster of any kind, and we are here to help you through it.
Lost time in cleanup for water or fire damage is better spent in your doing productive work for increased business opportunities. As professionals in the Nashville area, we are nearby and ready to help with disaster cleanup. Our expertise can help you through our extensive commercial resources:
Water Damage Restoration
Flooding and water damage seem to happen at the most inconvenient times. We know that and can help you get back to work with our:
- 24-hour emergency service
- Highly trained water damage specialists
- Restoration know-how
No matter the location of the water damage, whether in a small office building or big box store, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville will respond quickly to mitigate the damage and manage the restoration project through to its completion to ensure your business is up and running again as quickly as possible. Our technicians have the training and certifications they need to handle your restoration needs, no matter the size.
Fire Damage Restoration
Lost productivity is the biggest result of fire and smoke damage. With firefighting systems, water damage may also occur from water used. As a trusted leader in fire and water damage restoration, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville knows the ins and outs of fire damage and the extra damage that can come with it and are well-equipped to handle it, including:
- Fire and Smoke Restoration
- Odor Control
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning
- Water Damage Restoration
Because mold, whether from a leak or plumbing, can cause serious problems and health risks to those who enter your business, give us a call at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville to discuss how we can manage it as we work fast to address the mold. We work fast to contain the mold growth and prevent it from spreading further. Our technicians are well-trained, including:
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialists
- Water Damage Restoration Technicians
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
We address everyday soil and grime that are beyond the scope of your janitorial staff.
Storm and Major Events
Whether you need our elite large-loss specialists who work with the hospitality industry, universities and property managers, or you have damage from a storm, wind and rain, we can help. With our 24-hour emergency service, we will be there quickly to assess and fix the damage. Moreover, we work with your insurance to make the process as seamless as possible.
Here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville, we have the experience, knowledge, and expertise necessary to help you with any mold damage or preventive practices. We are also available for cleanup after fire and water damage. Call us today at (615) 242-9391, or visit our website: SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville
Restoring Damaged Medical Documents
Experiencing the damage of documentation through an accident or disaster in any office or business can create problems for the business owner and staff, but when that business is a medical office, it becomes much more serious, due to the specific requirements of the HIPAA laws. The private medical information of all persons is something that simply cannot be lost or mishandled, and our team is dedicated to the proper and careful recovery and restoration of such data.
SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville was recently called upon to restore documents from a local medical office that had been damaged by contaminated water, and we employed all of our expertise to ensure that the project was completed in a timely, professional, and safe manner.
Our technicians worked diligently to fulfill all HIPAA compliance requirements, understanding that the privacy and protection of all personal information of the office’s patients is of the utmost importance. The team was very organized and methodical in its processes, making sure that all the information captured during the restoration was as thoroughly documented and complete as possible; after the restoration was complete, it was of vital importance that the medical staff could get back to work serving their patients with the most accurate data and records available for the benefit of all!
All during the restoration, SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville diligently followed a policy of providing daily communication to the office itself and the insurance company to ensure that all involved parties were updated on the progress of the project at all times. We also provided complete documentation to the office that pertained to HIPAA compliance in their medical record keeping.
Good indoor air quality has to be maintained during a project involving the restoring of documents, and the SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville technicians understand this and took great care to ensure the air quality met the required standards.
Once the documents had been restored or recreated, it was important that all negatively impacted files were handled properly. Key information was gathered and recorded so that the office would have on file all that was required to be in their possession, and the damaged files were destroyed, with that destruction documented properly according to all requirements.
In the event that your home or business is impacted by a disaster or accident and your vital documents and records are damaged, call the team at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville and talk with us about restoration. We have the experience and expertise to restore these types of records, and we understand privacy law compliance. Visit our website: SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville, or call us today (615) 242-9391.
How to Prepare Your Business for Storm Damage
Flooding can happen any time of year, but here in Middle Tennessee, the summer months can be pretty wet. All that water can be devastating to a commercial building, causing damage that can take a significant amount of time and expense to repair. There are several steps you can take to prepare your business for rainy season and possible flooding, and these preventive measures will reduce the amount of flood damage your business sustains and the time it takes to bring your operations back to normal.
- MAINTAIN GUTTERS: Well-maintained gutter systems divert water to proper drainage areas. If your gutters are clogged with debris such as dirt and dead leaves, rainwater will overflow and saturate the ground around the foundations causing damage there while backed-up water can spill into wall structures. Keep in mind that dampness inside walls is the perfect breeding ground for mold, which can establish a colony in that type of situation within 24-48 hours.
- INSPECT STORM DRAINS: Storm drains need to be maintained properly, as well. These are in place to move excess water away from buildings and parking areas. Your local government is usually responsible for these, but keeping an eye on them around your property will enable you to be able to report a problem right away to the proper authorities in advance of flooding.
- HAVE A RESPONSE PLAN: Have a plan ready for your staff. In the event of flooding, make sure you have a system in place to communicate to everyone so that they know whether to attempt to travel to work or not. No one should brave driving through flood waters! Listening to weather updates is also important, and you’ll want to make sure you keep an emergency preparedness kit on site, as well, in the event that people can’t get home.
SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville is standing ready to help if your business sustains storm damage. Call us with any concerns at (615) 242-9391, or visit our website: SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville. We are also experienced in cleanups both large and small, in the event that you have suffered either water or fire damage. We are also mold remediation experts!
Three Water Damage Prevention Tips
We all know what water damage to homes and businesses look like after a flood or a heavy rain. Oftentimes, events such as these are unexpected, and if we aren’t prepared for what may happen during a stormy season, we can suffer more water damage than we need to.
- DO REGULAR INSPECTIONS. Take a good look around your home or place of business; are you prepared for wet weather? Do exterior doors fit as tightly as they should, and are both doors and windows properly weather-stripped? The roof of your office or warehouse needs to be well-maintained, too, to protect your machinery, product, and staff furniture from water damage. The parking lot or driveway of your home or business needs to have a well-planned drainage system so that clients, employees, and family members can get to and from their vehicles safely. If people have to wade in from their cars, floors will suffer, and a slip-and-fall accident due to wet floors can be a disaster. Inspect the parking lots of your business regularly for potholes, especially after a storm. If you know you’ll see a lot of run-off from the parking area, consider using sandbags. Low-lying buildings next to a parking lot full of water can end up flooding, and you will want to plan ahead to prevent that from happening.
- DO REGULAR UPKEEP AND MAINTENANCE. Rain gutters and spouts need to be checked on a regular basis. If your rain gutters become clogged with debris such as dead leaves or small branches, they aren’t going to be able to drain away rain water. As water backs up, it can leak back into the walls of your building, sometimes without you knowing it, and you can find yourself with water damage, and even mold. These types of issues can be alleviated by regular maintenance.
- COMMUNICATE WITH PUBLIC SERVICES. Power lines and telephone poles near to your home place of business can be an issue when storm season comes if they are not in good condition. Contact your utilities companies and have them come take a look prior to wet weather to make sure you, your business, and your employees and loved ones will be safe. Be aware of the condition of any large trees on your property. If the grounds of your place of business become saturated, a tree with an unstable root base can fall and create problems for you, your employees, and your customers. Some trees and plants are the city’s responsibility, depending on where they are placed. Make sure you know who to call should the time come.
The team here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville is standing ready to help in any way we can! We have the expertise to handle water and fire damage, and specialize in mold remediation. If you have sustained water damage to your property, give us a call today at (615) 242-9391, or visit on our website: SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville
Fire Extinguisher Tips Everyone Should Know
Being fireready is just plain smart. Make sure everyone you work with or live with knows how to properly use a fire extinguisher, just in case. Here are some things we all need to know:
- Depending on the size of your home or business, it’s a good idea to have a few fire extinguishers around. The kitchen, garage, main work spaces, and warehouses are all places that could use one, and it wouldn’t hurt to carry them in company cars or trucks. There are different types of extinguishers for different classes of fires; depending on your business, make sure you provide the right kind of fire extinguisher. A common ABC extinguisher will put out just about any kind of fire except hot metal fires, and for those you would need a Class D.
- It’s important that everyone in your home or business, including people who only come in once in a while, such as baby-sitters or cleaning services personnel, know where the fire extinguishers are located. It’s important to ensure that there is a clear and unobstructed path to them.
- Keep your extinguishers up to date, performing a check every year. Make sure the external condition is good and that is still contains extinguishing agent. Check the pressure gauge to ensure that it is still pressurized in an operable range, and that the pin is attached to the extinguisher so that it can’t come loose.
- All fire extinguishers have usage instructions printed right on them. This acronym is all you need to know:
- P: Pull the safety Pin from the handle
- A: Aim at the base of the fire
- S: Squeeze the trigger
- S: Sweep from side to side
- If the fire continues to grow, escape routes can be threatened. If you are no longer able to safely fight the fire, and if the fire extinguisher runs out, leave immediately and call 9-1-1.
SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville is proud to serve the Nashville community. We are always ready to help in the event of a fire, and are experienced in fire damage cleanup. We also handle water damage cleanup, and are mold remediation specialists. Visit our website: SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville or call us at: (615) 442 7768.
Keeping Your Commercial Property Fire Ready
Keeping your commercial property fire ready is vital in order to avoid disaster. Your livelihood and that of your staff depends on your business, and you will want to protect it. Being ready for any kind of disaster is always a good idea. We are sharing some tips here that can help you get your property ready in the event of a fire:
- Ensure that your building or suite is visibly lettered and numbered so that emergency responders can easily find your location in a timely manner. Numbers should contrast with the background used, such as black/white, while the numerals should be no less than six inches in height.
- Fire extinguishers should be no more than 75 feet from work areas for easy access, and they should be mounted in a highly visible spot that is easy to get to. Make sure your extinguishers are serviced at least once a year by a licensed fire extinguisher company.
- Exits need to be clearly marked with EXIT signage and should be illuminated at all times, with a battery backup for power outages. Exits should also be clear of any obstructions so that people can get out safely and quickly. Emergency lighting should be kept in working order, and the area around the building outside clear of debris and plant material, reducing the fire risk outdoors as well.
- Stored materials need to be stacked at least two feet below the ceiling and be orderly. For buildings with an automatic sprinkler system, 18 inches of clearance is required, allowing smoke to collect up high, which gives people adequate time to exit and the sprinklers a clear area for their spray pattern.
- Electrical outlets should have no more than one item per outlet plugged in, which may include a power strip with a circuit breaker. All electrical cords should be kept in good repair and replaced when needed.
- Trash receptacles need to be kept at least five feet away from combustible roofs, windows, and door openings and not stored in the path of exits.
- Have your sprinkler system tested and serviced every 12 months or less by a licensed fire sprinkler company. This practice should also be used for your fire alarm system.
- If your business involves cooking foods, make sure your stove hood has been cleaned at least once every year to prevent excessive grease buildup. Ceiling exhaust fans and bathroom heater/light/fan combinations can also be a risk due to a buildup of dust and grease, resulting in increased operating temperatures.
- Make sure your local fire department has valid contact information on file for your commercial property.
Here at SERVPRO of Belle Meade/ West Nashville, we are experienced cleanup projects after fires both large and small. In the event of water damage we’re ready to help, as well! Call us today at (615) 242-9391.